Pauline Campos over at the Aspiring Mama blog is hosting a monthly essay contest for mom’s who are battling post-baby weight. Below are the guidelines. If you would like additional information please visit her blog at www.aspiringmama.com and click on the Baby F(Ph)at Essay Contest tab. You can also find Pauline on Twitter.
* Stories must be between 500 and 1,500 words and be told in first person. This is your story…not your neighbors. Make sure to include a short bio with contact information. If you have a link (such as a blog) you’d like posted with your entry should it be selected, please make sure to include that information in your submission.
*Essays should focus on the topic of weight. Suggestions include:
—Your expectations prior to becoming pregnant versus the reality
—How pregnancy changed your body
—How you lost the weight
—Acceptance of your new shape
—Balancing the needs of your children with your own
* No anonymous or author unknown submissions.
* Send only one submission per month.
* Please submit only stories or poems that have not been previously published.
* Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Essay Contest” in the subject line, along with the month you are submitting for (Example: Essay Contest-November).
* By submitting a story, you give www.aspiringmama.com the right to re-publish and distribute your work on this website, and in any other formats (including, but not limited to, the site’s Twitter feed, RSS feed, and possible publication in a book).
* Monthly submission deadline will be the first of every month with publication of winning entries scheduled for the 15th. (Read: the first deadline is November 1 and the winning entry posted on Nov. 15.)